Stop right here! Are you looking for a solution to resolve the issue of origin not working? You will be glad to know that here you will get the solution to resolve the most common issue. Actually, many users are suffering from the same issue. So it becomes important to solve the most common topic as it is concerned with many people. You will not feel disappointed as it will completely fix your problem.
Before starting the article I think it’s very important to have a little bit of an idea of what exactly the origin is? So let’s discuss the origin.
What Is Origin?
Talking about the origin, it is the best platform to play the multiplayer games that are sponsored by EA. It allows its users to experience the best playing interface of games just like FIFA, battlefield V, etc. origin has a software client that is only available for mobile and personal computers.Origin also has an origin store that allows its users to buy different types of games. It had extra in-game overlays. Cloud saving process is also included by electrical arts. Along with this, it has extra features which involve in-game chatting, profile management, and game joining.
It also allows its users to include electronic arts games in their Origin account. This can be done by various resources like CD keys obtained from retail copies and digital copies from various digital distribution services.
Causes Of Origin Not Working
We have already discussed the origin. The second thing we should know about the origin is its error issue of not working. There are many reasons for not working. It’s important to know about the cause then only we can fix that problem.
- The first cause of origin not working is corrupt cache files. It’s the major issue that disturbs mostly all the users.
- Distorted temporary and redundant files.
- The issue with core origin files can also cause it to stop working.
How to Fix origin Not Working Issue?
Here I am going to list out some easy methods to fix the issue of origin not working. You can choose any method according to your convenience. Let’s start:
1. Clear the Cache Files
There are chances that this issue might be caused by cache files of origin. You need to clear the cache files to fix the issue:
- Shut down Origin if it is working in the background.
- Press Win+R to open the RUN window and search %Programdata% and hit enter.
- Click on the Origin folder displayed in PoP-up to open it.
- Clear all the files and folders in the origin folder excluding LocalContentFolder
- Open the Run dialog box and type %AppData% and press Enter.
- Delete the folder named Origin.
- Restart your system and check if your Origin is opening properly. If not switch to the next methods given below.
2. Run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
The other cause behind this issue might be the incompatibility of your computer’s operating system with its origin. In case you are unsure about the compatibility of your system, you can try running a program compatibility troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below to run the program compatibility troubleshooter.
- Right-click the shortcut to Origin on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and click Run compatibility troubleshooter
- Click Try recommended settings to test-run program using recommended compatibility settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to see whether this troubleshooting option works or not
- If it still doesn’t work, then run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter again and select the second option to choose compatibility settings based on problems you notice.
- If the problem persists, adjust the following settings manually and select OK when you’re done.
3. Perform a Clean Cheat
You may need to perform a clean boot if this issue persists. The clean boot is a troubleshooting technique that allows you to manually disable startups and services so that you can find out the problematic software. Once you find it out, just uninstall it, and then this issue will be solved. Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type MSConfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Select the Services tab, check to Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disabled.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
Run Origin and check whether the problem reappears when your PC restarts. If not, you need to open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software. After enabling each service, you need to restart your PC to apply the changes.
Once you find out the problematic software, you need to uninstall it to resolve this issue. If this fix failed to resolve this problem, try the next fix, below.
Origin is a quite popular streaming platform in the US. But things don’t go well when it starts facing issues. I have mentioned some working methods to fix the issues with origin. You can try these at your convenience. In case you face any issues do mention them in the comments section. I will surely help you out. Happy Streaming…