Just like I do, do you also like to communicate with others using sounds and music while playing your favorite game? If the answer to the above question is yes, then I certainly place my bets that you are probably googling right now on how to play music through the mic, isn’t it? Well, we heard you and here we are with the ways to tell you the actual way you can do it.
Being a gamer or even a streamer, this is a must-have skill that will help you to communicate with other players. Or you can even annoy them! If you are new to streaming, then playing music through a mic is the first thing you want to know. It’s no big deal and you don’t have to worry, you definitely don’t need to attend a school to learn stuff. We are about to walk you through some of the first ways that will help you to play music through Mic. Keep Reading.
How to Play Music Through Mic?
There are tons of methods to use, however, we are bringing a few to the limelight. Before we begin, adjust the following settings to ”Sound” on your Laptop or PC.
- In the search bar, enter ”Manage Audio Devices” (Don’t use the quotes). Once you see ”Settings”, open it.
- Go to the Recording tab
- Now, you need to disable the microphone device which is enabled by default. Simply just right-click on the ”Microphone” and hit ”Disable”
- To disenable the device, click on Disable when you right-click on ”Stereo Mix”
1. In Discord
Agree to disagree but isn’t it just fun to play music while you are playing with your friends? It just keeps getting better. Here is a quick way that will help you to play music through Mic if you are using Discord.
Start with installing some of the added plugins like FredBot, MedalBot, etc. Keep scrolling to know how these work. These plugins/bots usually play music as per the shared instructions. These instructions are given by you in the form of commands.
For instance: You can instruct MedalBot using the following command to play music through Mic in Discord.
1. m! play Song Name
If you wish to stop it, then type the following
2. m! stop
You will now be able to enjoy music through your mic in discord. Trust me, there will be no compromise on the quality of the music.
2. In Windows 10
How to play music through Mic in Windows 10 is the most commonly asked question. There are different software that you can use to play music in Windows 10 like ClownFish, MorphVox, Soundpad, and so on.
Here is the step you have to follow.
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Hardware and Sound
- Go to Manage Audio Devices
- Recording and Enabling Stereo Mix
Further, set it as your default mic.
As we said, it’s that easy. Now, let’s also figure out different ways to play music through the mic using the software.
3. Using Different Software
There is a lot of software that you can use in this process. So, let’s cover some of the basic software that we can easily use to play audio.
Clownfish is a great music app. It further helps to add different voices like Alien, Robotic, and so on. This software could be freely used with apps like Hangouts, Skype, Viber, and so on.
The different voice effects are Atari Game, Baby Voice, Fast, and Normal. In addition to that, it is also compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
If you have used Steam, then you must have heard of Soundpad which is a very useful app to use. There are flexible options, for example, you can completely shut down the voice while playing using the hotkeys or you can change the sound/music whenever you want.
Ctrl + Enter lets you discover all the songs that you can play through your mic. You can use your speaker as well as your microphone to play audio. This is a go-to app for people who are active users of Steam as it helps them to play music through mic.
4. Using Stereo Mix
Using a stereo mix is also a very common and easy method that you can use to play audio sound. This method will let others hear what you say and you can clearly listen to what they are saying while you are involved in your football game.
Below are the steps you need to follow:-
- In the taskbar, locate the volume icon and click on it.
- You will see a menu on your screen that will have different options. You need to select ”Recording Devices” from there.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen, you need to select ‘Recording’.
- You will now have to enable two things and those are – ”Show Disabled Devices” and ”Show Disconnected Devices”. You can simply do this by right-clicking on the blank area.
- Here you will find the Stereo Mix. Enable it by right-clicking on it. Now that your microphone is set as default, you can successfully use it to play music, talk, or even comment on the game.
Gladly speaking, we are ending ”How To Play Music Through Mic” on a good note since we have offered all the possible options that will help you to play music directly through your mic. All the methods and easy to use. So, follow the steps and get started already.